Pages

Wednesday 1 May 2013

Live Below the Line

I worked out that I eat my way through a minimum AU$25.50 dollars a day. This is before I include comfort foods such as coffee (previously Coke) and nuts into my daily snacks. I am truly living the first-world standard, and in all honesty I am now ashamed that I could've cut back on eating random crap, and with the money I saved, contributed to those less fortunate than I.

Since 2005, the World Bank has defined the extreme poverty line as surviving on less than US$1.25 (AU$2) a day. Money raised through Live Below the Line will be dedicated to those living in extreme poverty. Want to Live Below the Line with me? From May 6th-10th, eat on $2 a day, raise funds and get a better understanding of extreme poverty.

I think this challenge will pave the way for more considerate eating, on my part, for the future. After this challenge, I will most likely go back to my $25.50 a day, but will refrain from so often indulging in coffees and other comforts, and commit those extra savings to Doctors Without Borders, as those under the poverty line can't afford medical care either.
Worker in rice field in Cambodia. Photographer: de Oliver Spalt. Published under cc-by-sa-2.5

1 comment:

  1. [HOW I GOT CURED FROM GENITAL HERPES VIRUS )
    I was diagnosed with GENITAL HERPES VIRUS , my doctor told me it has no permanent cure, this virus affected me so badly that i was so ashamed of my self, this continued until a friend of mine Anna told me about Dr NANA from west Africa who cured her mother from GENITAL HERPES VIRUS, I contacted this herbal doctor and he sent me the herbal medicine through courier service, when i received it i applied it for 2 week with the instruction and i was totally cured from GENITAL HERPES VIRUS permanently within 7 to 8 days of usage. if you are passing through the same problem you can contact him via his email you should know about his natural herbal treatment, Dr NANA email is been attached to my post reach him for help. add him on Email at drnanasolutionhome@gmail.com or whatsapp line or call +2347014784614.
    he can also cured this disease,CANCER,ALS,HPV WARTS,HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE,STROKE

    ReplyDelete